At DirectDoors.com, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy explains how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over your personal information when using our website www.DirectDoors.com.
We take our duty to process your personal information very seriously.
We may change this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated at the end of the document.
Refer to the sections below for more details on how and why we use your personal information:
When subscribing to the newsletter, we ask for your name and email address. This allows us to personalise our communications with you. You will remain on the mailing list until you withdraw your consent by unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe at any time, either by using the unsubscribe option in any of our newsletters or by emailing email@example.com. We use a third party provider, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
When you enter a contract to make a purchase via the website, we collect your contact information and the details of your purchase. The purchase is made through Worldpay, a third-party payment provider, and we never have access to your payment information. We get a notification to show that payment has been made and this is linked to your order so that it can be prepared for dispatch to your chosen delivery address. We will maintain the records of the purchases for 7 years for accounting purposes.
When you open a trade account with us
When you open a trade account with us, we will consider you a business contact. To ensure that you get the most from working with us, it is in our joint interests for you to receive special offers and industry news but you have the option to unsubscribe at any time. As a result of having a trade account you may also receive a discount on items purchased, this is solely at our discretion.
When you use the chatbot function
We have a chatbot to answer some of the most commonly asked questions. You do not need to put any personal information into the chatbot to be able to ask questions. If the chatbot is unable to answer your question, you may be redirected to a person within our customer services team to chat to as they may be better informed to respond to your query.
We may evaluate the questions asked and our responses (using only anonymous information) to improve the effectiveness of our chatbot function.
When you contact us via email
When you make an enquiry via email, you are consenting to the information in the email being used to respond to your request or question. We try to respond to email queries as promptly as possible but it can take the team up to 24 hours to respond to email queries especially at busy times. Please check our opening hours as we shall only respond to emails within those hours.
Occasionally, we ask for feedback on your interaction with the website, our services and your customer experience. We will use a secure online platform to gather your responses which may include your name and contact details in case we need to contact you to follow up on your answers.
Occasionally, we may run a prize draw for our subscribers. We will be clear at the time about the terms and conditions of the draw and will not publicly disclose the name of the winner unless we have their consent to do so.
Facebook Adverts (Sponsored Posts)
Occasionally we run Facebook Adverts to promote the visibility of our services. When you click on our advert you are consenting to finding out more about us. Our Facebook Adverts use the Facebook Pixel Service of Facebook Inc. 1601 S.California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA94304. USA (Facebook). This tool allows us to find out more about the actions of users after they are redirected to our website. It also allows us to measure the efficiency of our Facebook adverts for statistical and market research purposes. Using this information allows us to improve our advertising for a better experience to our users and provide you with further advertising on Facebook and the use of Custom Audiences. You can find out more about this and withdraw your consent here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
DirectDoors.com is what’s known as the ‘data controller’ of the personal information you provide to us. Your relationship with us determines how much information we collect from you. We will only ever collect the information needed to provide you with advice and services.
We will be very clear with you about the reason for collecting information and how we intend to use, share and store that information at the point we collect it.
We collect personal information about you through a variety of different methods including when you:
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Ask for more information
- Send us correspondence via email
- Give us feedback
The DirectDoors.com website is not intended for anyone under 16. If you are under 16 please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian's consent before sending any personal information to DirectDoors.com.
Wherever possible, all the personal information we process is processed within the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). Some of our third-party service providers may be based outside the UK or EEA so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer outside the UK or EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK or EEA, we do our best to make sure a similar degree of security of personal information by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe.
If you fail to provide the information requested
If you fail to provide the information requested where we need the personal information for either legal or accounting purposes or to fulfil our contract with you, we may need to cancel your order. Before cancelling your order, we will notify you that you are required to provide the missing information and give you a further reminder before cancellation.
Other than in the following circumstances, we do not share your information with any other organisations or individuals unless we are obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation or criminal investigations:
- If you have agreed that we may do so
- If we sell the business – the new owner may obtain subscriber and past customer information. This information would only be used for the same purposes for which it was originally obtained.
- If we run an event in partnership with other named organisations, your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your personal information when you register.
And we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each reason that we use it. For example, your email address on our subscriber list will be held whilst you are a subscriber. If you make a purchase, we will retain that information for up to seven years for accounting purposes. During the retention period we ensure the security and integrity of the information.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We ensure that only those employees and partners, who need access to your personal information as part of their business role, are given access. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and our contracts ensure that the information is kept confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we need to.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights about how the personal information you provide can be used. These are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- The ability to request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be 'forgotten').
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you would like to know more about your rights under data protection law, you can find out more at the Information Commissioners Office website.
The Door Centre Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller. Our registration number is Z8701002.
DirectDoors.com is a trading name of The Door Centre Ltd, a company registered in Scotland. Registered company number: SC114318 whose registered office is Bay 5 Eastfield Industrial, Estate Eastfield Drive, Penicuik, Midlothian, EH26 8HA.
Last updated: April 2022
The cookies on this site help DirectDoors.com to
- Ensure that the website works as you'd expect it to
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share information with social networks
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commission
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Website Function Cookies and our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
- units - Session Cookie for remembering your preferred measurement system.
- mtssc, sessionid - Random values that let our website remember who you are when you register or login.
Social Website Cookies
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
- _atuvc - Cookie set when using AddThis Sharing buttons
- di,dt - .addthis.com cookie - Date tracking cookies for determining expiration of other cookies
- loc - .addthis.com cookie – used for geolocation.
- psc - .addthis.com cookie - View counter
- uid, uit- .addthis.com cookie - User id and login time tracking
- uvc - .addthis.com cookie - tracks usage of the Addthis.com service
- Sess, uuid2 - .adnxs.com cookie - used by AddThis to help people share content that they find useful on our website. These cookies collect information on how this feature is used anonymously.
- oo, ck, pt - .go.affec.tv cookies - Affect.tv is a Social Targeting company part of AddThis. We do not use them for advertising on our website but AddThis uses them to monitor users sharing on our website.
- _canary, _mpush, _xgcid, _xguid - .xgraph.net cookie - XGraph is an analytics company, part of AddThis, that is part of a network of sites, cookies, and other technologies used to track visitors, what they do and what they click on, as you go from site to site, surfing the Web.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can normally turn cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will very likely limit the functionality of DirectDoors.com and many other websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that store information on your browser, which recognise when you have visited a website before, improving your experience by saving your shopping basket contents, storing any personal details or preferences you have saved and offering personalised preferences. Cookies are required for you to be able to buy products, so that the products in your basket can be remembered and carried through to the checkout.
Cookies are effectively a memory for an individual website. Each website can only access cookies set by their own domain. However note that most websites contain elements from various web domains (for example the social sharing buttons are from another domain and this third party may set their own cookies to allow social sharing) so you may receive cookies from several sources.
Please note that cookies do not store any personally identifiable information such as name, address or credit card details, and they will not harm your computer in any way.