As full and plain English Returns and Refunds page as we can do, please advise if you think we can improve.
The following is to be considered in conjunction with our full ‘Help & Advice’ section which can be found at the top and bottom of each page of our website.
Please note that we do not accept telephone orders or card payments by phone:
- We can help talk you through a draft order which we can send directly to your e-mail
- You can pay either online or by BACS (bank) transfer
- This is easy to set up and totally safe for both parties
Checking your Goods:
Please do not book any joiners, builders or carpenters and do not commence any installations until the following has been carried out:
You are certain the goods have arrived, have been checked over for damages and are suitable for installation as you intended. We cannot be held liable for any consequential costs should you book a joiner/carpenter in early, you do so at your own risk.
At date and time of receiving goods from us you have 24 hours to check your goods, thereafter we cannot accept any claims for any issues after this time.
You must within 24 hours:
- Observe and note any packaging damage or goods damage on the Proof of Delivery or collection sheet
- Count the quantity of goods on arrival before signing for the delivery and any shortages reported immediately
- Check all specifications match your order including designs, sizes, and finishes
- Unwrap and check the goods for damages, suitability, or faults
The following faults must be reported within 24 hours:
- Glass scratches/faults visible in normal transmission when viewed straight on from a minimum distance of 3 metres away. In other words, without having to look at the glass from unusual angles or for marks which only show up in sunlight as these would be acceptable and would conform to British Standards.
- Bowing/Warping beyond 6mm on each individual door or individual leaf in a door pair
- Grain and shade variance beyond an acceptable level on undecorated timber or pre-finished timber. No guarantee is given or implied as to the colour match of the individual panels which make up a door. Any timber door can vary in colour after it has had the first or subsequent treatments applied by yourself.
- Goods made to your own specification, that is, Special order, adjusted/worked on in any way, altered or bespoke goods, are not cancellable. These are identified on the website.
- The right to cancel expires after 14 days (subject to point 1). The first day being the day after you receive your goods. We are unable to accept goods back beyond this point.
- To cancel any goods (subject to point 1), you must do so in writing (email preferred).
- Any cancellation prior to supply may result in a 3% Credit Card or Debit Card charge.
- With any cancelled/refunded goods you have received, you have a duty of care to ensure the goods are kept/stored safe in their original/resalable condition while in your possession.
- We have a right to deduct an amount in part or in full from the reimbursement if you have diminished the value of any of the goods being returned by handling them beyond what is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and function.
- You are required to arrange for any goods (subject to point 1) you have received to be returned to DirectDoors.com by your own means. To help you, DirectDoors.com can often provide an uplift service at a charge, but we cannot accept liability for any damages.
- Refunds for goods (subject to point 1) will be processed once the goods have been inspected upon their return to DirectDoors.com to check that they are received back in the condition they were received by you, i.e., usually in resalable condition including untouched intact packaging.
- Failure to accept pre-arranged deliveries, which are then cancelled by you or must be re-scheduled due to your circumstances changing, may incur a transport charge. Our site states Free Delivery but this may not be the case if we have to re-schedule your delivery.
- Deposits or payment for adjusted, altered goods, special orders or Bespoke items will not be refunded if the order is subsequently cancelled by you due to a delay or change of specification caused by a third party and through no fault of Directdoors.com.
- Full ‘Decoration’ and ‘Maintenance’ advice is readily available on our website to assist with all aspects of the proper installation and maintenance of your doors and associated fittings.
- Door types, sizes and dimensions may slightly vary from those on the Web site and in our brochures. We reserve the right to alter any of the above specifications as we see fit, we will contact you should any altered dimension have a marked effect on the appearance of your door, we would not simply supply a product that looked materially different from the product chosen by you.
- Joinery dimensions are “nominal” and can vary by a mm or so.
- As product-design, timber-shade, timber-grain, panel-size, rail-size, stile-size etc. can all change over time and are out of our control then we would urge you to place a single order, if possible, to avoid variance between batches.
- ‘Semi-solid’ or ‘solid-core’ goods can refer to engineered timber such as laminated sections, compressed particleboards or medium density fibre for stability then over-veneered in a real timber or foil-veneer.
- Glass quoted for may be changed when necessary and an equivalent glass both in terms of quality and cost may be used, we would always ask for your permission to do so.
- Prices quoted in writing by e-mail or post are firm for 30 days. Thereafter the amount quoted must be confirmed as correct.
- E-mailed quotes will show the V.A.T. amount separately and will include delivery costs.
- Discounts may alter without prior notification; this will not affect any orders which have begun the order process.
- All goods remain the property of Directdoors.com until paid in full.
- V.A.T. at the current rate is included on all displayed costs
- Delivery charges are included for all doors except for some outlying areas detailed in our 'Delivery Information' section.
- Orders may consist of 2 or more deliveries with items coming from different factories around the UK to get your purchase to you as swiftly as possible.
- Your order will be dispatched to the couriers or direct from our chosen suppliers and once they have worked out the routing, they will contact you to book in delivery. Timescales on the website are shown in working days.
- If you have placed a pre-order with in-stock items also being on your order, then please let us know if you require a split delivery with the in-stock items being sent in advance. If this is not requested all items will be sent as per the pre-order date.
- All goods are subject to availability, we cannot be held responsible should any part of a purchase not be available, and we reserve the right to refund any customer monies for goods which are not in stock.
- Failure to be present and available at your specified shipping address for any pre-booked delivery/uplift will incur a re-delivery charge which can vary depending on the specific goods.
- Each product guarantee length is detailed on each specific product page and is dependent on the correct ‘Decoration’ and ‘Maintenance’ being adhered to.
- Brassware. No guarantee is given on the longevity of the lacquer which has been applied to the brass, please read our Caring for Brassware area.
- The guarantees in respect of a particular item are for the replacement of the defective component only, our liability will not extend beyond the cost of the defective component such as any incidental expenses or work.
- Double Glazing, when fitted by us the guarantee is 1 year, any guarantee is in respect to the unit itself failing or misting up inside, the guarantee does not relate to the fitting of any unit to a door or window when any issues such as leakage around the unit becomes evident and specifically is not the guarantee that applies to doors which are offered for sale as including single glass, double glazing or Tri-glazed, the glass is then only guaranteed the same length of time as the door.