Rebated Double Door Pairs.
This is a category dedicated to standard sizes door pairs already machine rebated to form a pair, the "Rebate" is the term giving to the "meeting" area for a pair of doors, this is when two doors are machined so they overlap where they meet and close flush across the face of the doors, we also have a vast range of doors known as "Pairmakers" which is when two doors can be put together as a pair then a "Paimaker" component is "added" to the door edges.
The standard doors within this section are rebated and are clearly marked which door opens 1st and in what direction, eg; if a left hand opens away 1st it would also allow for a right hand door pulling towards you, logical if you think about it.
Some General Notes;
- Double check all your overall sizes, not the individual size of one half of the door pair.
- Rebates are the lipped edges that allow doors to "overlap" where they meet and remain flush when closed, rebates are normally 12mm deep and half the thickness of the door edge.
- For Pairmakers...... we have chosen two doors of the nearest size but remember, adding a pairmaker rebated edge to both doors will add 10mm or 12mm overall depending on the supplier but each door is clearly marked up to show what sizes to expect, machining the rebate (if the door construction permits) out of the two doors reduces the overall size by 12mm.
- Adding the pairmaker edge is the easiest way to form an overlapping door pair.
- Choose which way you want the "leading" or 1st door to open and make sure you place a little pencil mark on the door edge where you wish to place the additional rebate or machine the rebate out if doing this by yourself.
- if we are machining a rebate out the doors that allow for such a process you must be aware that the handing........the way the 1st door opens is crucial and cannot be altered, these doors if adjusted in this way cannot be accepted for return.