The list of reasons to choose us for internal door kits!
- Fully inclusive prices but with discounts available for quantity or bulk orders.
- The biggest collection in Europe.
- Inclusive of the door, a choice of frame kit, a choice of architrave, a selection of quality handles, latch & hinges………………. all supplied.
- Very stylish handles, latch and hinges that can be Satin Chrome or Polished Chrome.
- Two frame breadths (for a large range of options)
- Two architrave styles for most doors and enough for both sides of one frame.
- Prefinished and Unfinished across a broad range of doors.
- Oak and Pine frames available for most doors.
- All glass complies with UK standards.
- Minimum joinery work required but frame does require cutting to suit each door size and the latch, handles and hinges require fitting from the outset.
- The most cost-effective way to own one of our beautiful door set kits.
- These door kits are classed as "Bespoke Products" and may not be accepted for return or if they are there will be a restocking charge.
This door set kit is a low cost but high-quality alternative to the prefabricated door sets available from other suppliers, all door lining kit options are suitable for both new build and renovation projects and have been developed to reduce door and frame kit installation times to just 60 minutes.
The DirectDoors.com door set kit system also allows for two door frame breadths to accommodate variations within a given wall thickness, a common issue encountered in the home or on-site.
Fixing brackets and screws for the frame will be required and are not supplied with each door frame kit, however, screws are supplied for the latch, handles and hinges.
What woods can I have as a door set kit?
Firstly.......... The main product image may not show the exact architrave style as there are two to choose from for lots of the products, each product states what the door is both in terms of the veneer or the fact that it is unfinished or prefinished, the individual product will then state what the frame and architrave options are, some doors have more options than others dependant on the supplier but everything is set out for you to make an informed decision and final purchase. You can select from the following............
- Oak veneered doors, frames and architraves in both an unfinished or prefinished door set kit.
- Walnut or Wenge prefinished veneered doors but these doors can only be supplied with an unfinished oak frame and architrave kit for final decoration by you.
- Pine veneered doors with an unfinished pine frame but these doors would only be supplied with unfinished oak architraves for final decoration by you.
- White primed doors with an unfinished oak or pine frame (dependant on supplier) and unfinished oak architraves all for final decoration.
Glazed doors are supplied with glass meeting the requirements of BS EN 12600.
Frame kits and architraves are either solid timber or veneer wrapped timber or MDF depending on suppliers’ stock.
Access and Facilities for Disabled Facilities - Building Regulations Part M (England & Wales) and Building Regulations Part R (Northern Ireland).
DirectDoors.com door set kits are available in a variety of door widths to meet the regulations and specific project requirements. Please note, that these regulations include specific requirements, such as unobstructed space on the opening side of the door and the location of glazing panels, you must take every care to ensure that you are complying with any new build or planning requirements.
Building Regulations Part F (England & Wales) / Scottish Technical Standards Part K (Scotland) and Building Regulations Part K (Northern Ireland).
Changes to Building Regulations Part F now require the installation of all interior doors to incorporate a typical threshold gap of 10mm, as mentioned above, you must take every care to ensure that you are complying with any new build or planning requirements. Responsibility for compliance is with the door installer, who must modify the frame jamb position or length according to the adjacent finished floor level.
Building Regulations Part B (England & Wales) / Scottish Technical Standards Part D & E (Scotland) and Building Regulations Part E (Northern Ireland).
We are currently not supplying a fire set option for the kit, we do however supply the largest range of fire doors in the UK.
PS: we also sell external door set frame or lining kits.