Beeswax Handles and Fittings for interior use only.
What makes this collection different . . .
- All our products are hand forged and individually crafted using traditional English blacksmithing methods and techniques.
- The unique designs complement period properties and restoration projects to create an “aged” look.
- Our comprehensive range ensures we have a hand forged product for most domestic ironmongery applications.
- Our master craftsmen maintain a consistency of quality throughout the ranges yet all of the products retain that individual feel.
- All of our lever furniture is sprung and can be fitted with standard latches (ideal for retro fit applications) due to a unique design feature.
The beeswax finish explained:
Beeswax handles and fittings are a combination of hand forged fired metal finished with wax. Due to the simplicity, the finish is essentially everlasting as long as it is maintained correctly with Carlisle Brass wax.
Temperature changes can cause effects such as your product having a slight white bloom, we recommend that you polish it with a soft cloth and a small amount of maintenance wax to restore the finish.
Fitting these products in a damp area such as a bathroom could lead to the product exhibiting surface rust. If this occurs we recommend that the product is cleaned with fine wire wool and Carlisle Brass maintenance wax or similar is applied to restore the finish.
Maintenance with wax:
The use of maintenance wax is necessary to restore finish and afford protection to the beeswax range of products. If surface rust occurs then simply rub the affected area with wire wool and apply the maintenance wax with a rag or brush. It is important to note that where mechanical parts come together and there is abrasive movement, the wax surface will eventually be lost. We recommend that you oil these moving parts occasionally.
NB: There may be very slight colour or size differences with these products as every item is hand forged. Where this would be a problem with other ironmongery products we feel it actually enhances the appeal of this range, rustic?..... yes, but also well made.