These fire door kits have the hinges and the latch or bathroom lock factory machined and fitted, the frame is in flat pack kit form and the factory fitted hinges simply fix together when you construct the frame.
The items making this kit are a white primed fire door and matching frame with intumescent fire seals within the frame, an oak veneered architrave kit which has enough for both sides of the frame is also included, architraves are without any primer or decoration.
Choose your sizes wisely.......... Everything is included!*
- Hinges, Latches or Locks all Factory Fitted
- Various 30 Minute Fire Rated Door / Frame Overall Size Options
- Various Frame Breadths and all with intumescent fire seals
- Frame lintol will need cut and set to suit chosen door width
- Door Stops Supplied Loose to suit all door thicknesses
- Two Architrave styles to choose from
- Handle Packs, choose from Rhine, Danube, Loire or Morava Polished Chrome sets
- All the above is included in one price
- if you choose to have a door for a bathroom you can add a lock and easy access turn button during the buying process, the lock will also be factory fitted, just tell us what door size is required in the notes section of your order.
Note, Frame leg lengths may be slightly longer to allow for site adjustment to suit floor discrepancies, this products is a bespoke item and cannot be returned when ordered.
*Some frame fixing screws and nails/glue etc will not be included.
At Direct Doors, we know doors, and on this page we’ll help you understand the different types of fire rated doors available, and select the right ones for your situation.
Internal fire doors are primarily designed to restrict the spread of fire, and are required to perform three main functions:
- To protect all escape routes from the effects of fire (including smoke) so occupants can leave safely;
- To protect the contents and/or structure of the building by limiting the fire spread (an insurance requirement);
- To permit fire fighting to be carried out safely.
Each and every one of our fire doors - including glazed fire doors - are fully certified. Our door suppliers are able to provide proof of performance, showing that the door successfully completed a rigorous fire text to the BS 476 Part 22 standard, or the European equivalent BS EN 1634.
Regulations - Need to know:
Building regulations specify requirements for fitting fire doors, and the minimum time for protecting a building’s occupants is expressed in minutes. Typically this is 20, 30, or 60 minutes, and most tradesmen will use the terms FD30 and FD60, which relate to the 30 and 60 minute ratings.