Antique beeswax door handles and fittings
What makes antique beeswax door fittings different . . .
- Beeswax products are only to be used for interior doors.
- All products are hand forged and individually crafted using traditional blacksmithing methods and techniques.
- These bespoke pieces will complement any period home or restoration projects to create an “aged” look.
- A totally comprehensive assortment ensures a hand forged product to suit most domestic ironmongery applications.
- Created by master craftsmen to maintain quality through the range and yet all of the products retain that individual feel.
- The lever furniture is sprung and can be fitted with standard latches (ideal for retro fit applications) due to a unique design feature.
The antique beeswax finish explained:
All beeswax handles and fittings are a combination of traditional hand forged fired metal finished with wax. Due to the simplicity, the finish is essentially everlasting as long as it is maintained correctly with specialist wax.
Temperature changes can cause effects such as your product having a slight white bloom, we recommend that you polish it with a soft cloth and a small amount of maintenance wax to restore the finish.
Fitting these products in a damp area such as a bathroom could lead to the product exhibiting surface rust., if this occurs we recommend that the product is cleaned with fine wire wool and maintenance wax is applied to restore the finish.
Maintenance with wax:
The use of maintenance wax is necessary to restore finish and afford protection to the beeswax range of products.
If surface rust occurs then simply rub the affected area with wire wool and apply the maintenance wax with a rag or brush.
It is important to note that where mechanical parts come together and there is abrasive movement, the wax surface will eventually be lost, we recommend that you oil these moving parts occasionally.
NB: There may be very slight colour or size differences with these products as every item is hand forged. Where this would be a problem with other ironmongery products we feel it actually enhances the appeal of this range, rustic?..... yes, but also well made.