Cookies being used on the Direct Doors website
Cookies and how they benefit you
The cookies on this site help Direct Doors to;
- Ensure that the website works as you'd expect it to
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
Allow you to share information with social networks
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commission
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies;
Website Function Cookies and our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
- units - Session Cookie for remembering your preferred measurement system.
- mtssc, sessionid - Random values that let our website remember who you are when you register or login.
Social Website Cookies;
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
- _atuvc - Cookie set when using AddThis Sharing buttons
- di,dt - .addthis.com cookie - Date tracking cookies for determining expiration of other cookies
- loc - .addthis.com cookie – used for geolocation.
- psc - .addthis.com cookie - View counter
- uid, uit- .addthis.com cookie - User id and login time tracking
- uvc - .addthis.com cookie - tracks usage of the Addthis.com service
- Sess, uuid2 - .adnxs.com cookie - used by AddThis to help people share content that they find useful on our website. These cookies collect information on how this feature is used anonymously.
- oo, ck, pt - .go.affec.tv cookies - Affect.tv is a Social Targeting company part of AddThis. We do not use them for advertising on our website but AddThis uses them to monitor users sharing on our website.
- _canary, _mpush, _xgcid, _xguid - .xgraph.net cookie - XGraph is an analytics company, part of AddThis, that is part of a network of sites, cookies, and other technologies used to track visitors, what they do and what they click on, as you go from site to site, surfing the Web.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off;
You can normally turn cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will very likely limit the functionality of Directdoors.com and many other websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that store information on your browser, which recognise when you have visited a website before, improving your experience by saving your shopping basket contents, storing any personal details or preferences you have saved and offering personalised preferences. Cookies are required for you to be able to buy products, so that the products in your basket can be remembered and carried through to the checkout.
Cookies are effectively a memory for an individual website. Each website can only access cookies set by their own domain. However note that most websites contain elements from various web domains (for example the social sharing buttons are from another domain and this third party may set their own cookies to allow social sharing) so you may receive cookies from several sources.
Please note that cookies do not store any personally identifiable information such as name, address or credit card details, and they will not harm your computer in any way.